All general donations will be allocated to CACHA projects based on the area of greatest need. Your generous donations will help CACHA provide life saving healthcare to remote communities in Gabon, Bénin, Tanzania and Uganda.
MISSION STATEMENT AND GOALS
CACHA's MISSION STATEMENT
The Canada Africa Community Health Alliance (CACHA) is a non-governmental organization that seeks to improve health for rural communities through partnerships to facilitate programs and initiatives for disease prevention, treatment, care, support, and education to the most vulnerable. Based on the determinants of health model, CACHA accomplishes this in and with rural African communities through:
- Medical outreach, health promotion and professional skills development
- Programs for orphans and vulnerable children, youth and women
- Financial support for education and training
- Small sustainable infrastructure projects
CACHA partnerships and programs are guided by the principles of transparency, accountability, sustainability, equity, and human rights.
CACHA works in partnership with Canadian and African organizations to pursue the following objectives:
- To increase access to high quality health care services and contribute to the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, through medical missions, training of medical staff, building of adequate infrastructure, provision of medication and medical supplies;
- To provide shelter, care and education for hundreds of unfortunate orphans and vulnerable children and youth, through scholarships, building of schools and training centers, provision of basic equipment and food;
- To improve life conditions of isolated African villages, through income generating activities and women’s empowerment; and
- To offer the opportunity to students to do internships in Africa.